An accident replacement vehicle will keep you on the road while your car is being repaired after a collision. It's a convenient way to get your car repaired without interrupting your daily routine.
If you're lucky enough to have never needed an accident replacement vehicle before, you may not know exactly how it works. We've put together this guide to answer some of the most common questions we get about accident replacement vehicles.
What's the process?
At Sheen, we make the process of getting an accident replacement vehicle as straightforward as possible. We know that getting your car repaired after an accident is a stressful time, so we've made it easier for you. Here's how it works:
- Call Sheen—we'll give you advice on your situation and we can help you lodge your insurance claim
- Drop your car off at your nearest Sheen workshop and drive away in your accident replacement vehicle
- We repair your car and return it to pre-crash condition
- Pick up your fully repaired car and return your accident replacement vehicle
- We'll follow up with you to ensure you're completely satisfied with your repair service
At Sheen, we have a fleet of more than 500 modern vehicles, including utes, vans, and cars. Our fleet means we can give you a suitable accident replacement vehicle for your needs. We have also partnered with Onyx Car Rentals to provide accident replacement vehicles for drivers who are not at fault when the at fault party is insured.
Is there any cost for accident replacement vehicles?
Generally speaking, you won't have to pay anything out of pocket for your accident replacement vehicle. In some cases, the cost of your replacement vehicle will be charged to your insurer or the at fault party's insurer.
What if I'm at fault?
If you're at fault for the accident, you can still get an accident replacement vehicle, subject to availability. If you were at fault for the accident, we'll still try to get you into a like-for-like replacement vehicle so you can continue using your vehicle like you normally would. Like-for-like replacement vehicles will depend on availability.
Not at fault drivers are entitled to like-for-like replacement vehicles, so they'll get a replacement vehicle that's the same type as your regular vehicle.
What if I have another accident in a replacement vehicle?
All you need to do is gather as much information as possible, including the details of any other drivers involved, and call Sheen right away. We will guide you through the process of what happens next.
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may need to pay an excess. Here's what you need to know at a glance:
- If you are clearly not at fault, you won't need to pay an excess.
- If there is a dispute over who is at fault, you may need to pay an excess until the liability is determined. If it's determined that you're not at fault, you will be refunded for the excess.
- If you are at fault for the accident, you will need to pay an excess.
You will also have more details you can refer to in your courtesy car agreement with Sheen or your hire car agreement with Onyx Car Rentals.
Call Sheen first
At Sheen, we make the smash repairs process easy and stress-free for you. We've been providing Victorians with the highest quality smash repairs for more than 50 years, and providing suitable accident replacement vehicles is just part of our commitment to excellent service.
Our accident replacement vehicles include:
- Toyota Hiace vans
- Toyota Hilux utes
- Holden Colorado utes
- A range of modern small and medium sized cars
As the leaders in smash repairs, you can trust Sheen to get your vehicle back to pre-accident condition.