Finding a ute panel beater in Melbourne
Utes are tough, but they aren’t indestructible. There's a long list of potential hazards that can scuff up your trusty ute – whether that’s on the worksite or on the way home. Even loading heavy equipment into the tray can put a dent or two in the tailgate!
So what do you do when your trusty workhorse is looking worse for wear? Finding an experienced and professional ute smash repairer is the first step. This quick guide covers the things you need to know when choosing a ute panel beater.
Common ute models
- Toyota HiLux
- Holden SS
- Ford Ranger
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Holden Colorado
What are the basics of ute smash repairs?
A ute panel beater’s job is to perform the necessary repairs to the main panels and sub-panels of the damaged ute. Some of the tasks a ute panel beater perform include:
- Removing, repairing and replacing damaged panels
- Making or new forming panels
- Repair dents on a damaged vehicle using fillers
- Filing, grinding and sanding the ute body
- Re-fitting body hardware, such as door locks
- Realigning the ute chassis and body frame
- Removing and replacing the ute’s auto-electric components
Ute panel beating techniques and processes are fairly similar to passenger vehicle panel beating. A similar set of knowledge and training is required, and equipment requirements are the same. In some cases, specialist expertise may be necessary for the paint matching process where metallic paints have been used.
See ute repairs in more detail at our before and after gallery
What to look for in a ute panel beater
- Experience, training and expertise – You will want to find a ute panel beater with a good track record of repairing all kinds of vehicles. All models and makes have unique challenges, but regular training and accreditation are good signs that your panel beater is well-equipped to repair your ute.
- Genuine and quality materials – Cheap panel beaters are known for cutting corners, particularly when it comes to replacement parts and paints. If you can, find out if your chosen panel beater uses quality water-borne paints and genuine parts sourced from the manufacturer.
- Locations and opening hours – A ute panel beater that is close to your home or work offers added flexibility to pick up and drop off at a time and place that is convenient for you -- making getting back on the road that much easier!
- Courtesy vehicles – If you're a tradesperson, getting your business back on track is a big priority. Be on the look out for a ute panel beater that offers the fee courtesy utes for commercial purposes.
Commercial courtesy vehicles available at Sheen*
- Toyota HilLux Ute
- Holden Colorado Ute
- Toyota HiAce Van
*Subject to availability and location – Please enquire ahead.
Sheen ute smash repairs
There's more than one reason to choose Sheen Panel Service for your ute smash repairs. Here are just some of the benefits of going with Sheen:
- Lifetime Guarantee – All Sheen locations offer a lifetime guarantee on workmanship.
- Free courtesy utes available – We want to get you back on the road, fast. And with a free Toyota HiLux or Holden Colorado courtesy ute, your business won’t miss a beat.
- Ongoing industry training – All our staff receive ongoing smash repair training so they meet both industry and the manufacturer best practice.
- Quality materials – We only use genuine parts and quality paints for our ute smash repairs.
- Melbourne-wide – With plenty of locations and extended opening hours, we’re a convenient choice for tradesmen and enthusiasts across Melbourne.
Sheen locations – Ute panel beaters
|Area||Ute panel beating location|
Kensington, South Melbourne, Hawthorn, Tooronga, Malvern
Campbellfield, Tullamarine, Reservoir, Eltham, Heidelberg
Box Hill, Vermont, Glen Waverley, Ringwood, Croydon, Bayswater, Ferntree Gully
Dandenong, Frankston, Hastings
Sunshine, Hoppers Crossing
Ocean Grove, Morwell
To talk to your local ute panel beater, call Sheen on 1300 REPAIR.