Setting the record straight
You may not deal with insurance companies every day, but we do. Despite reassuring marketing campaigns, the reality is that some insurance companies don’t always have their customers’ best interests at heart.
Some insurance providers have their own network of affiliate or wholly-owned panel beaters. Even if you have a different preference, your insurance provider may insist on repairs through their network. We have heard of some providers attempting to confuse their customers by exaggerating the risk, time and hassle of going with an independent panel beater.
Do the claims made by insurance providers hold water? Not when it comes to Sheen. We are one of the largest networks of panel beaters in Melbourne, and we can work with all major insurance companies. Our level of customer service and quality of repairs is hard to match, with accident replacement vehicles and a lifetime guarantee on repairs. We do all the work, so you don’t have to.
We wanted to set the record straight. Below are our responses to some of the claims that insurance providers make.
If you have any additional questions about our repairs or your insurance provider, give us a call on 1300 REPAIR today.
Do I have to organise the quote myself?
No, we do everything for you. When you bring your car into Sheen, we will enter into negotiations with your insurance provider for you. In our experience, it is extremely rare that another quote from a different repairer will be required after this negotiation.
Generally speaking, the repair process follows four steps:
- A quote is arranged by Sheen Panel Service and sent to your insurance provider
- Your insurance provider assesses the quote and negotiates with Sheen the final cost of repairs
- Your insurance provider will authorise the quote and allow repairs to commence with Sheen
- Repairs are finalised and your insurance company pays us for the work completed
Forget confusing payment methods or trying to arrange a quote yourself. We will deal directly with your insurance provider, and they pay us for the directly for the repairs.
My insurance company says they do not authorise repairs by Sheen. Is this true?
We deal with all major insurance companies. We can—and we do—arrange quotes, assessments and repairs with over 30 major insurance companies including RACV, AAMI and Allianz. Every month we repair hundreds of vehicles insured by these providers.
If you have questions about your insurance provider, call Sheen on 1300 REPAIR and talk to a real person straight away.
Will repairs with Sheen take longer?
Choosing Sheen as your repairer does not mean that your repairs will take longer. The convenience of Sheen's service means that you won't waste time rescheduling work or driving to a panel beater on the other side of town. You'll experience hassle-free repairs and high quality service, no matter where you are in Melbourne or how busy your schedule is.
- With 26 locations Melbourne-wide, we can almost guarantee that there is a Sheen store close to your home or workplace.
- We do our best to work around your schedule with extended opening hours. Sheen stores are open as early as 7am and as late as 6pm on weekdays. We are even open on Saturdays between 8am and 12pm.
- We offer our customers an accident replacement vehicle for the duration of their repairs, as well as the pickup and delivery of your vehicle*.
This comprehensive service is rarely matched by other panel beaters, let alone insurance companies. Don't let your insurance provider send you out to 'woop woop'. Go to your local Sheen store instead.
My insurance company says they won’t guarantee your repairs?
We offer a lifetime guarantee on our workmanship. There is no need for your insurance company to guarantee our repairs. We guarantee ourselves. We've been in business for over 45 years!
Our comprehensive guarantee means that if there are any defects or faults as a result of our work, we will rectify the issue at no cost to you. It doesn’t matter if an issue is detected next week, or next year, we back up our workmanship with our lifetime guarantee.
Convenient, stress-free smash repairs from Sheen
The lesson? Take your insurance provider’s claims about independent panel beaters with a grain of salt. Your insurance provider may make the process of going with an independent panel beater seem confusing, risky or difficult. We can say that these claims are not true for Sheen.
Why go with Sheen Panel Service?
- Independently operated for over 45 years
- 26 locations Melbourne-wide
- Extended opening hours, including Saturdays
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs*
- Accident replacement vehicles*
We don’t just do quality smash repairs. We do quality customer service.
If you have more questions about Sheen or how we can deal with your insurance company, call our team on 1300 REPAIR today.